The David Sarnoff Radio Club (“DSRC”) is a general-interest amateur radio club serving the greater Princeton, NJ area. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in amateur radio. There are no dues. DSRC is an ARRL affiliated club.
To become a member, simply attend a club meeting, fill-out a membership application, and submit it the club secretary.
… feel free to explore ….
Here are some pages you may want to browse:
- About our Ham Radio Club, meetings, repeater, name
- Amateur Radio Links and Resources from area organizations
- Upcoming Events Our Calendar as a list or table
- Emergency Readiness and Organizations we work with
- Our club’s previous activities can be found via our Archive page
Why did you call the website “N2RE.ORG”? Our club was granted the callsign “n2re” by the Federal Communications Commission. We use it for our repeater and when we operate radios as a group.
Our club also advertises special events for the Ham Radio community on the site “QRZ.com” Follow: this link.
To learn more about the hobby of Amateur Radio, follow this link: American Radio Relay League (ARRL.)
…and here’s what’s happening:
Visit our 2020-2021 planning calendar (link). And our latest blog posts:
- May 2021 President’s BlogPRESIDENT’S BLOG – On Exposure and other things There has been a lot of talk lately about the new RF Exposure limitsfor amateur radio. In the past we were given generous limits andonly needed… Read More »
- President’s Blog April 2021SWL They are among us and we do not even know it! I refer to Short Wave Listeners. Personally, I have received two QSL cards from SWL’s who were eves-dropping on my conversations; one… Read More »
- Ham Cram and Testing Session TCF 2021 On Saturday March 20, 2021 the David Sarnoff Radio Club sponsored “Ham Cram” as a way to “Get a Ham Radio License via Zoom in One Day” A total of 17 exam elements were attempted by the 12 candidates. 7 earned a Technician class license, 3 earned a General class license, and 2 did not earn a license. Special thanks to Joe Speroni, AH0A who developed the virtual Zoom exam session process and spent countless hours before, during, and after TCF to support our event.
- TCF Ham Cram / Testing page addedIn one day you might go from beginner to licensed Amateur Radio Operator. Follow these links to our Ham Cram page.
- Soapbox WFD 2021lots of us got into the spirit of Winter Field Day this year.