The David Sarnoff Radio Club (“DSRC”) is a general-interest amateur radio club serving the greater Princeton, NJ area. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in amateur radio. There are no dues. DSRC is an ARRL affiliated club.
To become a member, simply attend a club meeting, fill-out a membership application, and submit it the club secretary.
Download this quick reference .pdf to learn about us and ham radio:
… feel free to explore ….
Here are some pages you may want to browse:
- About our Ham Radio Club, meetings, repeater, name
- Amateur Radio Links and Resources from area organizations
- Upcoming Events Our Calendar as a list or table
- Emergency Readiness and Organizations we work with
- Our club’s previous activities can be found via our Archive page
Why did you call the website “N2RE.ORG”? Our club was granted the callsign “n2re” by the Federal Communications Commission. We use it for our repeater and when we operate radios as a group.
Our club also advertises special events for the Ham Radio community on the site “QRZ.com” Follow: this link.
To learn more about the hobby of Amateur Radio, follow this link: American Radio Relay League (ARRL.)
The DSRC is a primary sponsor of the Make Operating Radio Easier (MORE) Project, which provides FREE Technician license training, study materials, testing, licensing, Get On The Air activities, and MORE! Use this link http://n2re.org/m-o-r-e-project or the M.O.R.E. PROJECT tab at the top of this webpage to view the 2-step instructions to apply to be a student. We’re also looking for MORE group leaders, trainers and volunteer examiners.
And our latest blog posts:
- Old Photo… Field Day 1989June 24, 1989, I’m thinking this is the David Sarnoff Radio Club Field Day….
DSRC group helps with MS-150 Bicycle Ride (9/25/21)DSRC members helped with this year’s Multiple Sclerosis Society “Bike MS: City to Shore Ride 2021” was held on September 25 and 26, 2021.
- Club Meeting: “Summer Projects”We showed off our summer projects and activities. Here are a few of them
- President’s Blog – Public ServicePublic Service is one of the charter reasons for the existence of amateur radio. Along with technical investigations at the beginning, it is one of the backbones of amateur radio. There are many ways… Read More »
- Field Day Participation & COVID-19This year we will set up on private property, and not in a public place. This is out of extreme caution regarding COVID-19 and safety of members. So there are rules for participation: Proposed… Read More »