Winter Field Day has its own unique exchanges, and so the logging system must be able to deal with those, and also with the bonus points. Here are some options.
N2EIM’s .pdf from our January meeting explains the exchanges and about the logging.
It reminds us that our club name must be exactly:
“David Sarnoff Radio Club” (no quotes)
Logs must be sent in “Cabrillo Format” which means you have to format your contacts and station information… There are several options
- Use the .pdf here: https://www.winterfieldday.com/files and then send in using “Proper Log Format” Cathy Tsao had a Excel based form which was sent to the club reflector.
- Use a logging program during the contest that has Cabrillo output.
For example N1MM Logger (free)
- Use this cool online tool, found online (no warranty implied)
http://b4h.net/cabforms/winterfieldday_cab3.php It can be used with a paper log to make the Cabrillo output (which may require some tweaking at the end.) Thanks Cathy Tsao for finding this!
- John DeGood recommends http://www.n3fjp.com/winterfieldday.html which costs a small amount, but can be used free for 30 contacts. Take a look at the page and see if it suits your needs.
- If you want to see what the Cabrillo format actually looks like, here‘s a good page to start with, though the header “Cabrillo” has one bad link in it, the information can be found on other pages.
- Check back later.. there may be more in this list as folks suggest things.